| Lily Grace and a classmate were asked to carry up a special gift to Archbishop Mansell of Hartford at the school's Blue Ribbon ceremony today. |
A lot goes into meeting the criteria as well as the process of qualifying and filling out endless documentation as well as other requirements.
Having been a teacher, I'm familiar with the Blue Ribbon and Lily Grace was leaving her school in Memphis which I adored and had itself received this honor the year before her Kindergarten year.
Needless to say, I was very worried about finding a good school for her and especially a school that lived up to what I knew she had at St. Francis. Now the public schools here are amazing, but not an option for us as we are committed to having her in an environment that promotes our faith and a love of God.
Her school now is much smaller than her last and again, I worried about being with the same group day in and day out. (You've been locked up over a long holiday with family in town right??-HA!) I was also worried about friendships already made before her arrival as there is only one class of each grade level.
I had talked to God about it and Matt discussed it on several occasions. In the end, God steered Matt and I to stay the course, follow our heart and send her to this small Catholic school. Let me just say, God is good. Lily Grace has been welcomed with open arms. She has made friends and everyone knows everyone. Each day, I grow to appreciate the school more and more. We were given a host family and they have been AMAZING. The principal, Sister C. is a delight. Lily Grace adores her and her love for those kids and for God shows.
Thank you God for always hearing our prayers and for this little school that is growing in big ways and making an even bigger impact on our family. We know that our little girl is safe each day and that she can freely speak and hear about you. Thank you for still speaking to us when we question you. Thank you for the blessing of this school, not because they are a blue ribbon winner, but because they are about learning, with you at the center and because of that, they can do great things.




No comments:
Post a Comment