![]() |
| Miss Priss (sorry for the iPhone quality- that's what you get when your husband won't carry the camera in his coat pocket for you- I'm just saying.......) |
![]() |
| LG and Mr. Caleb before the performance. |
As I mentioned in my last post, now that we are settled, Lily Grace has picked her violin back up. Lessons started again a few weeks ago. Her last teacher, Ms. Jones was really good with her.
When searching for a new teacher here in Indiana, I found Caleb. He's a very nice young man and super talented. I told Lily Grace about him and she insisted that it needed to be a lady because, "she really isn't that in to boys." Matt and I convinced her to give it a try. After the first lesson, Lily Grace declared Mr. Caleb, her "best teacher ever!" Funny!!!
He is very soft spoken, gets down on her level and makes her work! She looks forward to each Tue. afternoon.
Last night, Caleb performed with the Philharmonic and invited Lily Grace to come watch. She was busting with excitement when she saw him. He took time to come down from warming up on stage to say hello to her and snap a quick picture. They performed Brahms Symphony No.4. The music was beautiful.
Before attending, we reminded Lily Grace that unlike the musicals and broadway shows she had been to before, this would simply be music, no singing or acting. The show didn't start until 8pm and ended at 10. Afterwards on the way home, we asked Lily Grace how she enjoyed the show. She proceeds to tell us that the music was nice but it was boring and would have been better with a little singing maybe. We were tickled. Then she follows up with this, "Im really tired. I got tired watching that. I won't do that when I get older because I don't know how Mr. Caleb even stayed awake to play that late." Too funny!!!!
We had a great time getting all dressed up, eating dinner out and according to Gracie having a "fancy" date as a family.






No comments:
Post a Comment