Saturday, July 25, 2015

Horseback Riding Through Yellowstone National Park

One of the things that Lily Grace had been looking most forward to is going horseback riding.  She was even more excited that our guide was a real cowboy (according to her because he had a also) and she got a spotted horse.  
We did a half day trip.  Let me break that down, that's FOUR HOURS on a horse.  Oh have mercy!  I thought Matt and I were going to die.  We took a trail through Yellowstone up through the mountains and had a picnic lunch before riding back down. Lily Grace and I loved when we had to cross streams on horseback.  Matt loved when he could see the car on the way back.  It was pretty funny. 
On a funny note, on our way back down the mountain, we encountered some Llamas.  We found out quickly that horses don't like Llamas and are easily spooked by them.  The horses got a little riled and while we were able to control them and nobody got hurt, it definitely got the adrenaline going.  
I have to say, it was a really beautiful experience and I would do it again.  (just not for four hours)

So I happen to have this shirt and thought it would be perfect for horseback riding.  Seemed kinda down home to me.  Well, when I happen to mention it to LG, she begged to have one too and for us to please go matchy match.  Again, matching isn't really my thing but I know one day, she may look back on this and roll her eyes so I obliged.  I happened to look online and low and behold.... so this is how we left the cabin for horseback riding.
Lily Grace rode Comanche



Lunch on the mountain

All the wildflowers that carpet the hills are colorful sight

Even the horses got a little lunch.  Lily Grace couldn't wait to feed them some carrots.

Trying to get three horses together for a picture was not so easy.
Mom's horse- Skip
Daddy's horse- Dakota
Gracie's horse- Comanche

One last goodbye to Comanche

Lily Grace with our real cowboy guide, Mr. Aaron.  


My day ended on a really high note.  I landed my first rainbow. He put up quite the fight.   It was beautiful.  

It was so rewarding to know that I had caught the biggest trout.  (Matt, it's my blog and I can say what I want to say.  Besides, I'm all about telling the truth on here. ) 

Gracie was my net girl and photographer until daddy showed up and then he took a pic of our teamwork.  Too bad he isn't as good a photographer as Gracie.  He managed to cut out the fruit or our labor- THE FISH.  We have gotten a good laugh and given him a hard time about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment