Monday, April 8, 2019

Spring Break down South

Lily Grace was out of school last week for Spring Break.  She and I took a girl's trip down south to visit family and warm up.  
We had a good time hanging out and visiting family, celebrating Honey's 89th birthday and soaking in some sun at the pond. 
We missed Matt who sent us a video of it snowing back home in IN while Gracie and I laughed and enjoyed 80 degrees in flip flops.  ha!
Gracie and I always have a great time together from laughing at our rental car which was way smarter than us (kudos to you Grace you did figure out Car Play) to laughing at (me) always walking past the elevator in our hotel and always looking for the key (me again).  Clearly, Gracie is the more responsible one.  ha! ha!  
Thanks to family for hosting us and spending time with us.  Thank you Gracie for memories made and tons of fun! You are my girl!

Apparently you can still find a payphone.  Gracie informed me upon seeing this in the airport that she had heard about these and seen one on TV.  Funny!  

Gracie and Honey out by the pond.  For the record, at 89 my Honey caught the most fish and she didn't move from this spot and only had a cane pole.  

Being more a fly fisher and being used to casting a fly rod, I have to say, I got quite the laugh at watching her use a rod and reel with live bait.  It was down right hilarious at times.  She still managed to land a brim.  
Gracie and Gran cooked for Honey's birthday lunch.  And yes, I shamelessly just sat there and watched.  
Gracie loves Honey so much.  I'm so glad she has gotten the time she has with her.  I grew up with her so I know the feeling.  



Lily Grace had so much fun playing with and entertaining her cousin Wilder.
And she got in some love with cousin Henry too. 







No comments:

Post a Comment