Wednesday, August 16, 2017

First Day of Middle School

Today was Gracie Cakes first day of Middle School.  I can't believe we walked her into 6th grade today.  She was sad to say goodbye to summer and I was sad to send her back, but we both took it pretty well.  She said she likes changing classes and it's fun in a new way.  
While it always tugs at my heart, I can't wait to see all the ways that she grows this year.  
Middle Schooler- 6th grade




Gracie Cakes could have cared less that she was starting Middle School.  When I asked her if she wanted Matt and me to walk her in she replied, "of course," as if I was crazy for having asked.  Melt my heart.  Her daddy told her he'd walk her into high school if she'd have him. 😊

We stayed after school along with some other friends for LG to get her locker organized. Last year was her first year to have a locker so she learned that all the fluff and decor may be cute but it isn't functional or practical.  So this year, organizing was all about that, getting organized for a productive year. 

 Funny how last year they were all running around trying to gather items to decorate their lockers all cute and this year, it was all about survival.  ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment