Monday, November 27, 2017

Thankful-Grateful-Blessed!

This past week Gran visited to celebrate Thanksgiving with us.  While she was here, Matt and I took a mini overnight trip to Chicago right before Thanksgiving and it was the first time in 11 years that Lily Grace and I have been apart. There were bets on whether Gracie and I would actually go through with it or not.  In preparation for this overnighter Matt and I actually updated our will.   Yep! It was one expensive date.   (Thank the Lord above for FaceTime and text.) A little nod to you too Steve Jobs. 
While Matt and I enjoyed our time together and Lily Grace enjoyed her time alone with Gran doing the grandparent thing, it in no way compares to the time we spend together as a family.  
You see, Matt and I were together for 10 years before Lily Grace came home and in about 8 short years, it will be just the two of us in the house again.  Matt and I enjoy finding time together here and there, or taking a day off together while Gracie is at school. We don't take those moments alone for granted and try to make the most of them. Those moments mean so much more than if we had planned time away. Time is short.  God has blessed the three of us with one another and honestly, after we compared notes, we all agree that it's so much more fun and meaningful when we're all together.  We laugh and enjoy each other's company and simply cherish being a family.   Even the times when we are on each others nerves are an absolute blessing and a memory made for a lifetime.  So, you can pretty much read that as we don't plan on doing the separate thing again anytime soon unless we have to. 
Special thanks to Gran for taking great care of Lily Grace and visiting.  We had fun playing games and laughing.  We are grateful for your visit.   
Gracie, daddy and I thank you for those big hugs and sweet words, " I missed you and love you," while we were away and when we got home.  You bless our lives each and every day.
Thank you Matty for working so hard for our family and being an amazing husband/father  who lives his faith. We love you!
Thank you good and gracious God for the blessing of family. 
As soon as Gran arrived, Lily Grace couldn't wait to let her open her Christmas present early.  This year, Lily Grace is arm knitting all of her grandparents a chunky throw blanket.  She is doing a great job!  Gran was so surprised.  
Matt and I got a great view of Lake Michigan this visit from our room on the 24th floor of the Ritz Carlton.

We made a stop in Tiffany & Co. for a little Christmas shopping and the tree and wreath were too cute in Tiffany Blue.  We also got a text from Gracie asking for a pink diamond ring size 5.  Needless to say, we did not walk out with one. We sent her a picture of one instead.  😊😊😊




Very cold 


Who looks forward to getting their hands messy in food each year?  This girl!

Gracie and Gran enjoyed some time playing together on the piano.  

No comments:

Post a Comment